크게 작게 뷰어로 보기 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 뷰어로 보기 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

Leader Pelosi을 비롯한 미 하원 여러분 !

[최혜빈 기자/스포츠닷컴]

우리의 맹방 미국은 6.25전쟁을 함께 이겨내며, 오늘의 대한민국이 있도록 도와준 은혜의 나라입니다.

만물이 소생하는 아름다운 계절에 한국에 오심을 진심으로 환영합니다.

특히 펠로시 대표님은 하원의장 때인 2007년 일본군 강제동원 성노예 규탄 결의안을 만장일치로 통과시켜 주셨습니다. 마침 4월에 아베 총리가 미의회에서 상하원 합동연설을 한다고 들었습니다.

최근까지 일본 정부가 구 일본군 강제동원 성노예를 ‘위안부’ 또는 ‘인신매매’라고 부르는 얄팍한 언어유희를 보면서 저는 개인적으로 연민을 느낍니다.

통찰력(Insight)은 인간의 사고에 가장 중요한 요소입니다. 역사를 직시하지 못하고 왜곡하는, 정정당당하지 못한 역사인식은 Insight가 결여된 것입니다. 올해 수교 50주년인 한일 우호 협력 증진과 한미일간의 동맹관계를 생각할 때 통찰력의 결여는 참으로 안타까운 일입니다.

특히 일본총리의 역사적 연설은 미 의회가 지난 2007년 만장일치로 통과시킨 "강제동원 성노예규탄결의"의 취지를 충분히 이해하고 진정한 동북아 평화와 화해가 무엇인지를 보여주는 기념비적 행사가 되기를 진심으로 기원합니다.

역사문제는 비단 과거의 일이 아닙니다. 지금 도쿄에서는 한국 문화원방화 시도사건이 두차례 발생했으며 재일한국인에 대한 hate speech가 심각한 수준입니다. 역사가 현재를 위협하고 있습니다. 사실 며칠전 뉴욕타임스에도 소개되었지만 10년전만 해도 일본군 성노예 문제는 당사자들의 상처를 생각해서 국내의 조심스런 소재로 생각되어 있습니다.

일본 총리의 4월 미 의회 연설을 계기로 진정으로 과거를 인정하고 사과함으로써 한미일의 과거의 문제를 가슴에 묻고 동북아 평화와 인류 평화를 위해 미래로 나아가는 전기가 마련되기를 바랍니다.

펠로시 대표님을 비롯한 전 미국의회에 부탁드립니다. 북한의 핵을 해결할 수 있는 유일한 방법은 한반도 통일입니다. 비핵국가와 문화강국을 꿈꾸는 대한민국의 통일에 더많은 관심과 성원을 부탁드립니다.

통일은 바로 우리 대한민국의 문제이므로 우리가 적극 나서야 합니다. 나는 국회의장으로서 박근혜 대통령과 함께 통일을 향한 남북의 화해와 협력, 교류와 소통에 힘쓰고 있습니다.

한달전에 베이너 의장과 만나 두가지를 요청했습니다. 양국의 의회수장과 의원간의 교류증대를 위해 정기적 한미 의장교환 방문과 한미의원 친선협의체 활성화를 하자고 제안했습니다.

또하나는 종전 70주년, 한반도 광복과 분단 70주년을 맞아 (향후 30년을 더욱 노력해) 동북아의 100년 평화, 항구적 평화, 한반도 통일을 위해 양국 공동결의안을 추진하자고 했습니다.

의원님들의 많은 관심과 참여 부탁드립니다. 감사합니다.

Opening Remarks

Speaker of the ROK National Assembly

Leader Pelosi, and the members of the U.S. House of Representatives who are visiting Seoul, accompanying the esteemed former speaker,

The U.S., Korea’s staunch ally, is a country that we Koreans are deeply indebted to. It was your assistance and support that paved the way for my country’s miraculous rise from the ashes of the Korean War.

I extend my warmest welcome to the delegation led by the honorable leader Pelosi. You are making the trip at just the right time, as we celebrate the long-awaited arrival of spring with new leaves and buds competing to come out.

Leader Pelosi,

The Korean people and the Government of the Republic of Korea will never forget your courageous support as the new Speaker of the House in 2007 for Mr. Honda’s resolution, H. Res. 121. As it happens, Prime Minister Abe is set to address the joint session of the U.S. Congress.

Up until recently, the Government of Japan referred to tens of thousands of women forced to work as sex slaves for the Japanese Imperial Armed Forces as euphemistically “ianfu,” or comfort women, and more recently as “victims of human trafficking.” This shallow act of playing with words makes me feel pity.

“Insight,” which means an ability to understand the true nature of a situation, is a key element in human thought. Failure to face up to the country’s wartime history and attempts to rewrite history reveal lack of insight. I find the current state of affairs truly regrettable, given the trilateral alliance between Korea, Japan and the U.S. and the need to improve relations between Korea and Japan, as the two countries mark the 50thanniversaryofdiplomaticrelationsthisyear.

I sincerely hope that Prime Minister Abe will turn the historic opportunity to address the U.S. Congress, which unanimously adopted H. Res. 121, into a watershed moment, showing his full appreciation of the House Resolution and opening the way for true peace and reconciliation in Northeast Asia.

The history issue is not just a matter of the past. There have been two attempts to set fire to the Korean Cultural Center in Tokyo and hate speech targeting Koreans living in Japan has become a serious problem. In Northeast Asia, history is not a matter of the past but a matter threatening the present.

I hope that Prime Minister Abe will use his address at the U.S. Congress to “formally acknowledge, apologize, and accept historical responsibility,” as requested in H. Res. 121, and make the event a turning point where countries concerned leave the past behind and move forward to achieve peace in the region and beyond.

Leader Pelosi and the distinguished members of the delegation,

The only way to resolve the North Korean nuclear issue once and for all is the unification of the Korean Peninsula. We Koreans hope that a unified Korea will be nuclear-free and emerge as a cultural superpower. I would like to ask for your continued support for the effort of the Korean government to reunite the nation.

Needless to say, Korea should take the initiative to make unification a reality. In my capacity as the Speaker of the Korean National Assembly, I seek to assist President Park Geun-hye in her effort to promote reconciliation, cooperation, exchange and communication between the two Koreas.

About a month ago, when I met with Speaker John Boehner in the Capitol, I made two proposals. First, I proposed that the presiding officers of our two parliaments should make regular exchange visits and ROK-U.S. inter-parliamentary exchange programs should be launched again to enhance cooperation and exchange between the two legislatures.

The other proposal was concerned with the adoption of a joint resolution on the peaceful unification of the Korean Peninsula and a lasting peace in Northeast Asia in commemoration of the 70thanniversaryoftheendofWorldWarand the 70thanniversaryofliberationandthenationaldivision.

I would like to ask for your generous support for these two proposals.

Let me offer you a warm welcome once again and wish you a very pleasant stay in Korea.

Thank you very much.

www.newssports25.com

최혜빈 기자 chb0508@hanmail.net

기사 제보 및 보도자료/ 스포츠닷컴&추적사건25시

1. No Image

국회, 여의도 봄꽃축제 기간 다양한 연계 서비스 마련

국회 명소 해설, 어린이체험관 개관 등 [4.10.(금) ∼ 4.15.(수)] [최혜빈 기자/스포츠닷컴] 국회는 여의도 봄꽃축제 기간(4.10.∼4.15.)에 국회를 방문하는 국민들을 위해 다양한 연계 서비스들을 마련한다. 평일에는 매일 오후 2시에 해설사들의 해설과 함께 ...
    Date2015.04.06
    Read More
  2. No Image

새로 들어온 법률안등

[최혜빈 기자/스포츠닷컴] -2015. 4. 2. 의안접수현황- 국회사무처(사무총장 박형준)는 2015년 4월 2일(목) 박명재의원이 대표발의한 “파독 광부·간호사에 대한 예우 및 지원에 관한 법률안”, 이학영의원이 대표발의한 “공직선거법 일부개정법률안” 등 27건의 ...
    Date2015.04.03
    Read More
  3. 정의화 의장, 낸시 펠로시 미국 하원 대표단과 환담 및 오찬

- 낸시 펠로시 원내대표 및 찰스 랭글 의원에게 감사패 전달 - - “일본 총리의 4월 미 의회 연설, 동북아 평화와 인류 평화를 위한 전기가 되길”- - “북한의 핵을 해결할 수 있는 유일한 방법은 한반도 통일” - [엄대진 대기자/스포츠닷컴] 정의화 국회의장은...
    Date2015.04.02
    Read More
  4. No Image

새로 들어온 법률안등

-2015. 4. 1. 의안접수현황- [최혜빈 기자/스포츠닷컴] 국회사무처(사무총장 박형준)는 2015년 4월 1일(수) 김춘진의원이 대표발의한 “암관리법 전부개정법률안”, 강은희의원이 대표발의한 “국민체육진흥법 일부개정법률안” 등 29건의 법률안이 접수되었다고 ...
    Date2015.04.02
    Read More
  5. No Image

정의화 의장, 낸시 펠로시 미국 하원단과 환담 및 오찬

[최혜빈 기자/스포츠닷컴] 정의화 국회의장은 4.2(목) 오후 12시 국회접견실에서 낸시 펠로시(Nancy PELOSI) 미국 하원 민주당 원내대표를 비롯한 미 하원의원단과 환담을 나누고 사랑재에서 오찬을 함께 했다. 정 의장은 환영인사와 함께 낸시 펠로시 원내대...
    Date2015.04.02
    Read More
  6. No Image

[ 정의화 의장 오찬사 전문 ]

Leader Pelosi을 비롯한 미 하원 여러분 ! [최혜빈 기자/스포츠닷컴] 우리의 맹방 미국은 6.25전쟁을 함께 이겨내며, 오늘의 대한민국이 있도록 도와준 은혜의 나라입니다. 만물이 소생하는 아름다운 계절에 한국에 오심을 진심으로 환영합니다. 특히 펠로시 ...
    Date2015.04.02
    Read More
  7. No Image

“『국회 인문학 아카데미 2코스』개강 ”

- ‘한국의 개혁가에게 번뇌와 지혜를 듣다’ - [최혜빈 기자/스포츠닷컴] 국회는 민주시민으로서 갖추어야 할 역사관과 가치관 확립에 기여하고자, 일반국민을 대상으로 4월 4일(토)부터 5월 9일(토)까지 매주 토요일 오후 2시부터 100분간 ‘한국의 개혁가에게 ...
    Date2015.04.02
    Read More
  8. “인성(人性)이 우리의 미래다”

- 2015년도 국회의장배 스피치·토론대회 개최- [최혜빈 기자/스포츠닷컴] 대한민국 국회에서는 올바른 인성(人性)의 가치를 일반국민에게 전파?확산하고 타인을 배려하면서 자신의 의견을 합리적으로 주장하며 설득하는 올바른 토론문화를 정착시키는데 기여...
    Date2015.04.02
    Read More
  9. 정의화 의장, 하 훙 끄엉 베트남 법무부장관, 팀 샤프터 유니세프 북한사무소 대표 예방

[최혜빈 기자/스포츠닷컴] 정의화 국회의장은 4. 1(수) 오후 2시 의장접견실에서 하 훙 끄엉(Ha Hung Cuong) 베트남 법무부장관의 예방을 받고 양국 우호 관계 증진, 법체계 협력 방안 등에 대해 논의했다. 이 날 예방에는 베트남 측에서 팜 후 치(Pham Huu C...
    Date2015.04.02
    Read More
  10. 정의화 의장,“문경 세계군인체육대회 남북이 함께하는 축제의 장 되길”

국회-정의화 의장,“문경 세계군인체육대회 남북이 함께하는 축제의 장 되길” - 『2015 문경 세계군인체육대회 조직위원회 방문에서』 - [엄대진 대기자/스포츠닷컴] 정의화 국회의장은 4월 1일(수) 오전 11시 서울 국방컨벤션에 위치한 2015 문경 세계군인체...
    Date2015.04.01
    Read More
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 405 406 407 408 409 ... 507 Next
/ 507